ABOUT THE CHURCH
At Overcomers World Ministries (OWM) we are excited that you desire to know more about us! We are a family-friendly, community church that serves ALL people from ALL walks of life!
Overcomers World Ministries is a ministry with a global mindset. Our local assembly is designed to not only convert the lost but make disciples of them.
Many within the Body of Christ are a member of the body but are not living in the fullness of their God-given inheritances. Our foundational scripture found in 1 John 5:4 states, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” It is our faith in Christ Jesus that causes us to overcome anything.
Nothing can hold back a person who has decided to accept their promises from God through faith and patience. Overcomers World Ministries has been sent to teach a faith that overcomes all things.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God.
The triune nature of God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God and are in need of salvation.
Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men.
The infilling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues is an experience subsequent to salvation, and that it is the will of God that all be filled.
Healing is provided in the redemptive work of Christ and is available to every believer.
The Church consists of all those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
There shall be a bodily resurrection for the just and unjust.
In the personal, imminent return of Jesus Christ.
In Water Baptism and the observance of the Lord's supper.
We have compiled a list of commonly asked questions that are meant to help you in deciding if Overcomers World Ministries is the right church for you!
1. What denomination is OWM? We are a non-denominational church, which means we are not governed or controlled by outside council; however, we are an affiliate church under Bishop Keith A. Butler of Word of Faith International Christian Center located in Southfield, MI.
2. How long has Overcomers World Ministries been in existence? OWM is a new church, but our pastors have collectively been in ministry for over 11 years.
3. What are your service times? We currently have one weekly service held every Sunday beginning at 6 pm. Pre-service prayer begins at 5:45 pm. Service will typically run for two hours. Is there a mid-week service? We do not currently have a midweek service; however, we are looking to extend our facility usage to accommodate a mid-week service in the near future.
4. Where are you Located? We are currently located at 619 West Main St Arlington, TX 76010.
5. What is the dress attire? We never want anyone to feel pressured to conform to man’s standard, so please come as YOU are,
giving God YOUR best.
6. Where can I park? There is designated parking at the rear of the building. We ask that you park there to be respectful to our surrounding neighbors.
NOTE: This is a secured facility and the doors lock automatically upon leaving the building. Please plan accordingly before entering the building.
7. Is there child care, or children’s church? Yes, we have a Sunday School, but no child care.
8. How do I join, or become a member of OWM? To become a member at OWM you can choose one of the following: 1. Respond to the invitation to join from our pastor at the completion of service 2. Complete the, “I want to be a member” box located on the front side of the visitor's information card. 3. Visit our website www.overcomersworldministries.com and click the JOIN OWM tab to sign up. Someone from our staff will get back to you.
NOTE: We require new members to complete membership classes. At the conclusion, you will be issued a certificate of completion, and you will receive the right hand of fellowship welcoming you into the Overcomers Family.
9. What can I expect from the Sunday worship services? When you attend services at OWM you will be greeted with love! You can expect an atmosphere of energetic praise and worship. The songs will be simple and easy to follow, crossing all genres. We invite God into our worship services, and we expect Him to show up. You can expect Pastor Frank to teach the Word of God clearly, broken down, never compromised, unadulterated, with power, and demonstration.
In conclusion, we want people to leave CHANGED, EMPOWERED, and BOLD, knowing who God is and who they are in Him, which will allow them to live the life of an overcomer.
The ultimate goal? To build strong individuals that produce strong families, form a strong church, build a strong community, affect our government, and change our world!